It’s my Birthday
I feel blessed to be celebrating another year of life. When birthdays come around I take the opportunity to reflect on my life’s journey and more specifically the recent year. So, I just turned 31 (yey, me! …haha) and I thought I would share what I learned during my first year in the 30’s club.
For me, 30 was a very transformational year and I like to call it my Lotus year.
Just like the Lotus, we too have the ability to rise from the mud, bloom out of the darkness and radiate into the world. ” ~ Unknown Author.
The Lotus flower for many symbolizes rebirth. It’s a beautiful flower that blooms from murky water unstained by the mud. Because of this process, the Lotus is used as a metaphor for life.
The Murky Water
My 30th year on this planet was my journey through the murky water. I was faced with uncertainty. I didn’t know if I wanted to continue traveling down the same road I’ve been in for the past 10 yrs of my life. So turning 30 for me became a year-long process of self-discovery. The road that I was in made me feel more often than not that “I wasnt good enough.” That it didn’t matter how hard I worked because ultimately success in that field was out of my control. I was unhappy, I was confused and I felt lost.
So this past year consisted of a lot soul searching, a lot of reading and asking myself “what do you want?” The more I distanced myself from the path that I was in, the more peace and clarity I found within myself. I was able to listen to the universe and it opened a whole new world of possibilities. For example, blogging is something that I’ve been wanting to do for several years. But I never had the courage to start because I always doubted my ability to write, even though I know I’m not the best writer right now. I also understand that I will only get better with time.
Things, people, and quotes that got me through this past year.
- My amazing boyfriend and favorite human Drew Anthuny.
- School Of Greatness Podcast with Lewis Howes. I listen to his podcast weekly, I read his book and joined his Academy because he is that great. If you are looking to get to the next level in your personal life or career, do yourself a favor and look him up. www.LewisHowes.com
- In order to love others, you must first love and care for yourself.
- Be fearless in your pursuit of happiness.
- “Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.” – Og Mandino
My Favorite Books that helped me on my road to 30’s (from murky water to rebirth) check them out.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin